Friday, May 30, 2008

Operation Transformation Update



Well, I finally did it! I began training again in Hapkido and I love it! I've been back to class now for two weeks after a 7 year departure. When I left I was half-way to my black belt and now the time has come to finish what I started.

Friday nights are special as Mr. Eric teaches and he's known for his cardio-from-hell workouts. I kept hearing from my training buddies stuff like, "have you been to Eric's class yet" and "..it's so hard..." Well, since I've returned after such a long layoff I've found ALL of the classes hard. And, tonight was my first class with Mr. Eric and I could really use some aspirin and a hot tub.







But, it's all good and after the first few months my body should be used to being hit again, my wrists/shoulders being twisted every "which-a-way," and my legs being stretched like Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four.

For those of you not familiar with the Hapkido here's a brief sample of what we go through during class:



I'm getting to old for this. Pray for me, please? :-0

PS

If you'd like to learn more about the Hapkido System I train under checkout KidoDojo Martial Arts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home